The world of digital applications has been increasing day by day. We can barely think of any task we can’t achieve while getting things done online. However, all of this wouldn’t be possible without a suitable interface and experience, and quality UX design patterns help deliver both of these aspects.
A UX design pattern assists the designers in developing a seamless and consistent User Experience that is instantly recognizable. These patterns are nothing but familiar design elements that help address common usability problems. Such common UX patterns are widely utilized across different applications, and hence, they become instantly recognizable to end-users.
Elements of common UX patterns
1.) Input field
Most websites allow users to input information with the help of input fields. For example, filling out an application form with details like name, address, etc. These input fields need a consistent and familiar design that is instantly understood and helps users fill out their needs.
2.) Information hierarchy
Information architecture in common UX patterns is referred to when organizing information. Information hierarchy has two levels: low-level and high-level communication that helps classify information into a meaningful hierarchy.
Most digital products like apps and websites leverage a navigation system. Navigation is nothing but a collection of URLs organized together. This UX design pattern is an effective way of navigating through multiple sections of any digital product. URLs are usually encased at a place with the help of buttons, lists, and other similar elements.
4.) Structure of content
The content structure shares a close relationship with the navigation of a digital product. Structure in content structure refers to the meta-specification of an application or a website. UX architects work with the specifications and requirements of the website to draft a unique structure for every website.
All these collectively form a database of UX design patterns. These elements are either tweaked or designed from scratch, keeping branding and other design guidelines in mind.
How are UX design patterns beneficial?
UX Design patterns can help address many commonly seen interface-related problems witnessed across an app or a website. With that said, here are common UX patterns turntables for businesses:
- UX design patterns help a design team form a clear and concise design language that can be used to build consistent products.
- A UX pattern library may assist new designers in understanding the functional aspects of design elements. For instance, how does the navigation system work on websites? It may also include technical specifications like hex color, graphical requirements, color guide, and relative things.
- Discover how certain interface elements are designed and coded for apps.
- Help design teams deliver a familiar, intuitive, and convenient experience.
- Boosting a product’s efficiency enables faster discovery of information, products, and services.
- Align a company’s branding with its design system.
This is how UX design patterns cohesively help businesses and consumers get the best experience. If you wish to know more about common design UX patterns, check out the UX design patterns course on ProApp. This course covers exciting topics like dark UX patterns, applying UX patterns, understanding user behavior, and categories of UX design patterns. Enroll in the course and start learning today!